This is your city. Ride like it. The Loft™ 7D is a lightweight commuter that puts the fun in functionality. 700c wheels and a foot-forward, upright riding position provide optimum speed, comfort and control. This modern-day classic is built to ride. It’s lightweight. It’s durable. It’s comfortable and designed to handle the rigors of the streets.
It's right for you if...
You’ve got places to go. The Loft 7D is a reliable commuter that will get you there. This lightweight city bike won’t break the bank and comes equipped with an alloy frame, 7-speed drivetrain and fenders to keep you dry. Explore the city's ups and downs while still looking stylish.
The tech you get
Designed with functional minimalism in mind, the clean lines and straight bars give it a nice, unaffected look. The Loft 7D features a lightweight but sturdy aluminum frame, Shimano 7-speed MEGARANGE gearing to tackle hills, alloy dual pivot caliper brakes and fast-rolling 700c wheels.
The final word
The Loft is a lightweight commuter bike that will go from apartment to espresso in two minutes flat. Big on fun, low on maintenance, this bike was made for the city and everything that comes with it. Nimble, lightweight and sure to turn heads, you'll always arrive in style on a Loft 7D.
Why you'll love it
- Choose the frame geometry that's right for you: step-over or step-thru, with a lower standover height for easy on and off maneuverability.
- The foot-forward, upright riding position provide optimum speed, comfort and control.
- Choose from a variety of colors.
- Customize your Loft and make it your own. Add a front basket for storage, a bell so they hear you coming and cup holder for your morning coffee.
- Top it off with an Electra helmet and arrive fashionably safe.
Shimano Revo Shifter
The Shimano Revo Shifter allows you to change gears with ease and precision by the simple twist of your wrist.
Flat Foot Technology®
Flat Foot Technology® has been awarded not one, but two patents. Yeah, kind of a big deal. You really need to ride an Electra to feel it, but the overall benefit is comfort and control. It provides an upright, relaxed seating position with proper leg extension that allows you to plant your feet flat on the ground whenever you want or need to.
Derailleur Gear System
Derailleur or "D" refers to an external shifting mechanism. It consists of a chain, multiple precision sprockets and a derailleur to "derail" the chain from one sprocket to another. It allows for quick transitions and more gearing options. Just remember to pedal while shifting and you're good to go!
- Electra Loft 6061-T6 aluminum, Flat Foot Technology
- High-tensile steel uni-crown
- Front hub
- Alloy, 32H, nutted
- Rear hub
- Alloy, 32H, nutted
- Alloy double-wall w/machined sidewalls, 32h
- Mixed tread 700x35C
- Shimano Revo 7 speed twist
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Acera
- Forged alloy 170mm, alloy 46T chainring & guard
- Bottom bracket
- Sealed Cartridge
- Shimano 7 speed 14-34T
- KMC Z51 nickel plated
- Alloy w/non-slip tread
- Retro leatherette, dual spring
- Alloy micro-adjust 27.2x300mm
- Electra custom bend alloy low-rise
- Hand-stitched leatherette
- Alloy, 25.4 quill
- Head set
- 1" steel threaded
- Brake set
- Alloy dual-pivot brakes w/adjustable-reach alloy 4-finger levers
- Ring lock mounts, dual water bottle/accessory mounts, stainless steel and anti-rust hardware
- 13.61 kg / 30 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
* Specifications and MSRP are subject to change without notice
** $25 Charge for Shipping of Bike from Distribution to Bike Shop